- Ferry companies connecting Genoa to Sardinia
- - What type of boat do you travel on?
- Planning a ferry trip to Sardinia with Direct Ferries
- - Why choose Direct Ferries?
- - Genoa - Sardinia timetables
- - Journey times
- Tariffs to move from Genoa to Sardinia
- How do I book the ferry trip to Sardinia from Genoa?
Would you like to discover one of the most beautiful Italian islands from Italy? Find out how to get around Sardinia from Genoa by ferry.
Sardinia is a great choice in terms of heavenly beaches! Fine sand, turquoise blue water and sunshine all year round make you want to bask in the sun on this Mediterranean island. And then, the mountainous center abounds in hiking trails with exceptional landscapes.
So, to help you organize your stay, For Travel Lovers has designed a little guide to get to Sardinia from Genoa by ferry.
Also read :
How to get to Sardinia from Toulon by ferry?
How to get to Sardinia from Marseille by ferry?
Ferry companies connecting Genoa to Sardinia
Throughout the year, like Corsica or Nice, several companies ensure the crossing to Sardinia. From Genoa, there are three:
- Grandi Navi Veloci connects Genoa to Porto Torres (Northern Sardinia) and Olbia;
- Moby Lines connects Genoa to Porto Torres and Olbia (North East);
- Tirrenia links Genoa to Arbatax, Olbia and Porto Torres.
What type of boat do you travel on?
Each company offers you ferries with optimal comfort. In fact, the trips are very often made at night so that you can fully enjoy your stay in Sardinia. Moby Lines, Grandi Navi Veloci (GNV) and Tirrenia provide cabins to make your journey as pleasant as possible. Depending on whether you are travelling as a couple or a family, these cabins can be single, double or even quadruple.
Single seats are also available for those who wish to save money on the journey. In addition, Moby Lines offers camping on the ferry. If you are in a motorhome or caravan, all you have to do is stay at your pitch to eat or sleep.
Of course, every ferry between Genoa and Sardinia has bars, restaurants, shops, children's areas and other entertainment.
View ferries from Genoa to Sardinia (Olbia)
Planning a ferry trip to Sardinia with Direct Ferries
Why choose Direct Ferries?
If you wish to take advantage of low fares to Sardinia from Genoa by ferry, the best solution is to buy your tickets online. This allows you to compare prices, timetables, services, etc. Direct Ferries is the most reliable website for this purpose. It is a French-speaking site that gives you all the information you need about ferry companies to Sardinia.
If you are rather old school and prefer to buy your tickets directly at the ticket office, be careful! You won't be sure to find a ticket available for boarding.
The best solution remains to anticipate your trip and buy your ferry tickets in advance between Genoa and Sardinia. This will secure your seat and, above all, will allow you to make significant savings (especially if you plan well in advance).
Getting to Sardinia from Genoa by ferry has never been easier!
Timetables for Genoa - Sardinia connections
Ferry company schedules vary according to the time of year. We therefore invite you to go directly to Direct Ferries to find out the exact departure times between Genoa and Sardinia.
To give you an idea of the ferry schedules between Genoa and Sardinia, here are a few indications:
- Grandi Navi Veloci departs from the Assereto Bridge. The crossings are only at night with a departure from Genoa at 9 pm. The company plans four weekly crossings to Porto Torres.
- Moby Lines departs from the Colombo and Doria bridges. In the low season (October to May), the company offers three crossings per week. In the high season, there are daily crossings, sometimes even twice a day (one in the morning and one in the evening). A total of twelve crossings per week are scheduled by Moby Lines.
- Tirrenia departs from the Colombo Bridge. Again, the crossings are only at night with a departure from Genoa in the late afternoon.
- Between Genoa and Olbia: five cross ings per week
- Between Genoa and Porto Torres: nine weekly crossings
Travel times to Sardinia from Genoa by ferry vary according to the companies and destinations:
- With Grandi Navi Veloci: the journey takes about eleven hours.
- With Moby Lines: the journey takes between ten and twelve hours. This varies according to whether the crossing is made by day or night or from the port of arrival (Olbia or Porto Torres).
- With Tirrenia: depending on the destination, the crossing takes between nine and ten hours.
Tariffs to move from Genoa to Sardinia
The average fare per passenger to Sardinia from Genoa by ferry is between €30 and €60.
Then, depending on the options you choose, this price can vary significantly. For example, if you simply choose a single seat to spend the night, it will cost around €5 extra. On the other hand, if you want a cabin with four berths on the outside, you'll easily have to add up to €150.
Same if you have a car, prices can go from single to double, depending on the model of your car and the company. And if you intend to go to Sardinia with your pet, a supplement of 10 to 20€ will be asked.
How do I book a ferry trip to Sardinia from Genoa?
To go to Sardinia from Genoa by ferry, it's very simple!
As a first step, we strongly advise you to anticipate with enough time in advance to benefit from the most advantageous rates.
Then go to the Direct Ferries website. There you will need to enter your point of departure and arrival, date of travel, number and age of passengers and vehicle information.
Once this is done, indicate your preferences for the seat or cabin. Afterwards, all you have to do is fill in your personal details such as name, surname, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. A confirmation email will then be sent to you automatically.
There you are, ready to go to Sardinia from Genoa by ferry.
View ferries from Genoa to Sardinia (Olbia)