- Ferry companies connecting Bari to Patras
- - The main ferry company
- - What type of boat do you travel on?
- Planning a ferry trip to Patras with Direct Ferries
- - Why choose Direct Ferries?
- - Bari-Patras timetables
- - Journey times
- - Rates to move from Bari to Patras
- How to book the ferry trip to Patras from Bari?
And if during your vacation in Puglia, you were to make a small detour to Greece? Find out how to reach Patras from Bari by ferry.
Bari, the capital of Puglia, is definitely the nerve centre of this splendid region of Italy. A trading area for centuries, its port is now one of the most important in this part of the country. A real bridge between Italy, the Middle East and the Balkan region, the port of Bari will allow you to extend your holidays and easily reach Patras from Bari by ferry.
The city of Patras is located in the Peloponnese region. It's a relatively unknown Greek city, and not yet popular with tourists, which is what makes it so charming! By reaching Patras from Bari by ferry, you will discover another facet of Greece, off the beaten track. You will fall under the spell of its beautiful cobbled streets, its colourful neo-classical houses, its medieval castle and its old town.
If you wish to reach Patras from Bari by ferry, to give another dimension to your holidays, all the answers to your questions are here! In this article, we take stock of the different ferry companies and all the important information you need to know to prepare your crossing.
Also read :
How do you get to Dubrovnik from Bari by ferry?
The 11 must-do things to do in Patras
The 10 must-do things to do in Bari
How do I get to Greece from Italy by ferry?
Ferry companies connecting Bari to Patras
The main ferry company
To go to Patras from Bari by ferry, there is currently only one company in charge of this crossing: Anek Superfast.
Anek Superfast, was born from the alliance between two of the best known Adriatic companies, Anek Lines and Superfast Ferries. It mainly handles crossings between Italy, Greece and Crete.
What type of boat do you travel on?
If you decide to reach Patras from Bari by ferry, you will embark on board of the Superfast ferries of the Anek company.
These ferries, 8 decks high, can accommodate up to 928 passengers and 700 vehicles. The facilities on offer promise you a most pleasant crossing: bar, restaurant, casino, video games room and souvenir shops. One thing is sure, you won't get bored! However, beware of the prices applied on the ferry...
- You can select berths, private or shared, or choose to travel in a single seat if you want to reduce costs.
- Is your pet part of the trip? No problem, our animal friends are accepted and will also be able to reach Patras from Bari by ferry.
See the ferries between Patras and Bari
Plan a ferry trip to Patras with Direct Ferries
Why choose Direct Ferries?
To get to Patras from Bari by ferry, it is of course possible to buy your tickets directly at the port of Bari. However, some comparators offer you peace of mind and ease of use.
Using Direct Ferries is the cheapest way to find the best deal on Bari ferries. With just three clicks you'll find all the information you need to choose your ferry trip. And booking your ticket will be just as quick and efficient.
You'll find that Direct Ferries is the perfect way to make your journey easier.
The Bari-Patras timetable
To help you plan your trip to Patras from Bari by ferry, here are the schedules offered by the company. The crossing between Bari and Patras is made once a day, every day of the week:
- Departure: 18h
- No departures: January 1st and December 24th, 25th and 31st.
Travel time to Patras from Bari by ferry can vary between 30 minutes and 1h30 difference, depending on metrological conditions.
The crossings are made at night. As you have seen above, you will leave Bari at 6 pm, and arrive in Patras around 9 am the next day, after a stop in Igoumenitsa and sometimes in Corfu.
Rates to move from Bari to Patras
As is often the case with transport, prices vary according to the season. It is important to know that the mid and high season of the company is between July 10 and August 17. Here is an order of prices if you wish to go to Patras from Bari by ferry.
- Low season: deck 57€, seats 68€, dormitories with shared shower and WC 102€, internal cabin from 2 to 4 beds between 118 and 178€, deluxe cabin 259€. For vehicles (price in addition to the passenger ticket price): a two-wheeler 30€, a city car 62€, a Van/Minibus/Camping Car between 62 and 296€ (depending on size).
- Middle season: deck 68€, seats 79€, dormitories with shared shower and WC 125€, internal cabin with 2 to 4 beds between 139 and 214€, deluxe cabin 310€. For vehicles (price in addition to the passenger ticket price): a two-wheeler 38€, a city car 82€, a Van/Minibus/Camping Car between 82 and 350€ (depending on size).
- High season: deck 81€, seats 92€, dormitories with shared shower and WC 153€, internal cabin with 2 to 4 beds between 159 and 265€, deluxe cabin 360€. For vehicles (price in addition to the passenger ticket price): a two-wheeler 45€, a city car 100€, a Van/Minibus/Camping Car between 100 and 4050€ (depending on size).
- For pe ts: pet in cabin 50€, pet in cage 20€.
See ferries between Patras and Bari
How to book the ferry trip to Patras from Bari?
As with any booking for your holiday, we can never advise you enough to book your ticket in advance. Indeed, to get to Patras from Bari by ferry, there is only one line and only one boat per day. So depending on the period, the seats can be quickly taken.
On the Direct Ferries website, booking is very simple and fast. First of all, indicate your ports of departure and arrival, your crossing date, the number and age of passengers, the number of vehicles and its model.
Then select your route, the seat or cabin according to your wishes, and communicate your identity information (surname, first name, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number). Confirm, pay... You're ready to board!
View ferries between Patras and Bari