A complete guide to planning your trip to Munich. Write down the tips and enjoy a lot!
Munich is famous for its traditional beers, beautiful picturesque surroundings and centuries of history. The greenest city in Germany has several squares and parks, museums and monuments, as well as theaters and several churches. A rich destination, full of activities for all ages and tastes. Here's everything you need to know to plan your trip:
In this post you will read:
- Munich Restaurants Things to Do in Munich Munich Travel Forum
- Where to stay in Munich – Our hotel recommendations
- Internet chip in Munich
- Germany travel insurance
- Car hire in Munich
- Flights to Germany
- Read all our tips and posts from Germany
Munich Restaurants Things to Do in Munich Munich Travel Forum
Munich's Old Town historic district is home to beautiful architectural masterpieces such as the Munich Residenz Palace, Asamkirche Cathedral and Frauenkirche Cathedral, as well as the city's oldest pub, Augustiner-Brau.
Marienplatz, for example, is the square dating from the 12th century where the City Hall is located. The building, built in Gothic style, is world-renowned for its statues that move to ring the clock bell in the tower.
Of course, Oktoberfest couldn't be overlooked, as Munich is the birthplace of the biggest beer party in the world! So get ready for the month of September, when there are lots of typical clothes and music, as well as lots of beer to enjoy. ?
Speaking of beer, take the opportunity to visit the Biergarten Garden during the summer months, where Germans gather on their lawn to enjoy the mild weather with a drink in hand.
Other green areas worth visiting are the Hofgarten Park and the gardens of Nymphenburg Palace, as well as, of course, the Englisher Garten. The latter is the city's central park, which has a Chinese tower, Kleinhesseloher lake, the Schonfeldwiese naturist area and the famous Eisbach River, the only one in the world where you can surf in its waters.
And finally, be sure to visit the iconic Neuschwanstein Castle, famous for having inspired Walt Disney, and the beautiful Schleissheim Palace, which impresses with such beauty.
Read all our tips:
- Main attractions in Munich
Book all your Munich tickets and tours in advance and skip the lines with GetYourGuide
Where to stay in Munich – Our hotel recommendations
The downtown area and the Old Town district are some of the best areas of Munich to stay in due to their proximity to the main tourist attractions. However, this can also mean that the prices are a little more expensive.
That's why we recommend that you invest a good amount of time in research to choose the ideal hotel that suits your pocket and taste. Below are some recommendations for worthwhile accommodations:
Read all our tips:
- Best Hotels in Munich
- hotels in berlin
Find the best accommodation in Munich on Booking.com
Internet chip in Munich
It's getting easier and cheaper to have unlimited internet throughout your trip in Munich. Nowadays you can buy an international cell phone chip online while you're still here in España. We always use and love it!
You receive the sim card at your address and then just insert it into your cell phone to reach your destination with unlimited 4G internet working.
Also read more chip tips:
- International Cell Phone Chip – Which is the Best and How Much Does It Cost?
- America Chip Discount Coupon – 10% OFF on Travel Chip
Want to have unlimited internet throughout your trip?
Compare prices and buy your international travel chip in advance at America Chip.
Germany travel insurance
Having travel insurance for Germany is a requirement to enter the country, which is part of the Schengen Treaty and requires medical and hospital coverage of at least €30 for travelers. In addition to being mandatory, insurance is a great way to ensure a smoother trip. Also enjoy our Insurance Promo discount coupon. - SEE PRICES
Read all about travel insurance:
- Documents to enter Europe – See which ones you need
- How much does travel insurance for Europe cost?
- Travel Insurance Germany – Everything you need to know
- Travel Insurance Europe – Complete Guide on How to Hire
- What is the Cheapest Travel Insurance – Tips on How to Save
- How to Get Travel Insurance – 5 Easy Steps [DISCOUNT]
- Which Travel Insurance to Choose – 3 Infallible Tips to Help
- Best Travel Insurance Europe – Which one to choose for your trip?
- International Travel Insurance – Step-by-Step How to Hire
Car hire in Munich
Renting a car in Munich is a great idea. In addition to optimizing your time a lot, you will be able to enjoy it more without having to depend on public transport.
We really like Rent Cars to find the cars we use on our travels. It is the only one in Spain that compares the best rental companies in the world, but lets you pay in reais, without IOF. In addition, it is also the only one that lets you pay in 12 interest-free installments. It is worth it!
Haven't rented a car for your trip yet?
Guarantee the best price, without IOF, and pay in up to 12 interest-free installments at RentCars.
Flights to Germany
Looking for a good deal and flight prices? When buying tickets to Germany, it is worth taking a look at the website Promo Tickets.
It is quite common to find cheaper and better flight options than on other sites. We always use and is it worth it?
Read all our tips and posts from Germany
- Hotels in Berlin – The 10 most suitable for your stay
- Holocaust Memorial – What to know before you go
- Checkpoint Charlie – Cold War Landmark in the Middle of Berlin
- East Side Gallery – The gallery that colors the Berlin Wall
- Berlin Weather
- Berlin – Complete Guide to the German Capital
- Berlin Itinerary from 1 to 4 days
- Where to stay in Berlin – The best neighborhoods and hotels
- Munich – Complete Guide to the Bavarian Capital
- Germany – Complete Country Guide