A complete guide to plan your trip to Isla Mujeres. Write down the tips and enjoy a lot!
Isla Mujeres is one of the most requested tours for travelers to Cancun, Mexico. The islet that is about ten kilometers from the city, around 30 to 40 minutes by boat, is a beautiful gift to the eyes. The preserved nature, the well-preserved beaches and all the history that surrounds it make Isla Mujeres an excellent choice for a trip for the whole family.
Below you can find everything there is to do on the island, where to spend the night and tips on how to make the most of your trip. Interested? Then just scroll the screen:
In this post you will read:
- Things to do in Isla Mujeres
- Where to stay in Isla Mujeres – Our hotel recommendations
- Internet chip not Mexico
- Mexico travel insurance
- Flights to Mexico
- Read all our Mexico tips and posts
Things to do in Isla Mujeres
For those who believe that Isla Mujeres is just another island with beautiful beaches, we can say that they are wrong. The island offers fun for all ages with snorkeling, diving, beaches, cultural center and historical tours that delight everyone.
The center of the islet, for example, is perfect for those who want to buy souvenirs and handicrafts from the region at a more affordable price, as well as to find good restaurants and bars. Also, right in the middle of the island is Fazenda Mundaca, one of the historic destinations that tell a little about the cultural identity of Isla Mujeres, with Mayan and pirate artifacts.
The Dolphin Discovery and Turtle Sanctuary are excellent trips to do with children where you can learn more about marine life and preserving the environment. In addition, everyone has the opportunity to have direct contact with these animals, such as dolphins, seahorses and giant tortoises, among others.
The beaches on the island are calmer than the beaches in Cancun, ideal for those who just like to relax and enjoy the calm waves of the sea. One of the best known is the North beach, with warm, crystalline waters. In fact, the entire island is bathed by crystal clear waters with excellent visibility, a perfect environment for snorkeling and diving.
Parque Garrafon, in Punta Sur, has several attractions, such as snorkeling, zip lines, kayaking, swimming with dolphins and a tour guide along the island's cliffs, the highest point on Isla Mujeres. There you can appreciate Mayan sculptures and temples, as well as a beautiful view.
Read all our tips:
- Main attractions in Isla Mujeres
- Cancun – Complete Destination Guide
- Honeymoon in Cancun – Tips for the Perfect Trip
Book in advance all Isla Mujeres tickets and tours and skip the lines with GetYourGuide
Where to stay in Isla Mujeres – Our hotel recommendations
Isla Mujeres has luxurious resorts and well-structured hotels that offer comfort and convenience for couples and families looking for more tranquility than in the Hotel Zone, in Cancún.
Read all our tips:
- Best Accommodations on Isla Mujeres
- TRS Coral Hotel in Cancun – Our Review
- Rafa Nadal Tennis Center Resort Cancun – Our Review
Find the best accommodation in Isla Mujeres on Booking.com
Internet chip not Mexico
It is getting easier and cheaper to have unlimited internet throughout your trip to Isla Mujeres. Nowadays you can buy an international cell phone chip online while you're still here in España. We always use and love it!
You receive the sim card at your address and then just insert it into your cell phone to reach your destination with unlimited 4G internet working.
Also read more chip tips:
- International Cell Phone Chip – Which is the Best and How Much Does It Cost?
- America Chip Discount Coupon – 10% OFF on Travel Chip
Want to have unlimited internet throughout your trip?
Compare prices and buy your international travel chip in advance at America Chip.
Mexico travel insurance
Buying travel insurance for Isla Mujeres it is essential. To have fun and enjoy the best of the country's attractions without worrying, the best thing to do is to buy travel insurance with good medical and hospital coverage. So you can relax to enjoy the destination.
Read all about travel insurance:
- What is the Cheapest Travel Insurance – Tips on How to Save
- How to Get Travel Insurance – 5 Easy Steps [DISCOUNT]
- Which Travel Insurance to Choose – 3 Infallible Tips to Help
- International Travel Insurance – Step-by-step How to Hire
Flights to Mexico
Looking for a good deal and flight prices? When buying tickets to Mexico, it is worth taking a look at the website Promo Tickets.
It is quite common to find cheaper and better flight options than on other sites. We always use and is it worth it?
Read all our Mexico tips and posts
- Tulum travel insurance – Discover the best options
- Cozumel – Complete Travel Guide
- Cozumel Travel Insurance – Discover the best for your trip
- Hotels in Cancun – Check out the 13 best rated hotels
- TRS Coral Hotel – All about the all inclusive – adults only – of Cancún
- Honeymoon in Cancun: When to Go, What to Do and Where to Stay
- Mexico – Travel guide and top destinations
- Cancun – Complete Travel Guide
- Where to stay in Puerto Vallarta – Tips for the Best Regions and Hotels